Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Students are to read the attached case study titled, Ethics, Decision-Making, and Responsibility: Tough Call Knowing Someone Loses and respond to the questions following these instructions. The intent of the paper is to provide students the opportunity to further explore topics from the course, demonstrate an informed understanding of the topics, and apply relevant knowledge to analyzing and evaluating the case.
1. What decision would you make if you were Thomas? Justify your decision using three concepts from the MGMT textbook (Williams) and three separate concepts from the Spiritual Leadership text (Sanders).
2. Assuming the role of Thomas, how would you apply concepts from Crucial Conversations (Patterson) during your conversation with Mike?
3. Apply two concepts from The Effective Executive (Drucker) that either Thomas or Mike are using or could use to improve their work performance/managerial practices.
4. Apply two habits from 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Covey) that either Thomas or Mike are using or could use to improve their work effectiveness.
5. Apply two concepts from How to Win Friends and Influence People (Carnegie) that either Thomas or Mike are using or could use to improve their work performance/managerial practices.
Each of the above components must have a section heading and address the requirements as specified in the grading rubric. In addition, writing quality and adherence to APA standards will be graded.
Carnegie – How to Win Friends and Influence People
Covey – 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Drucker – The Effective Executive
Patterson – Crucial Conversations
Williams, C. (2022). MGMT12: Principles of Management (12th ed.). Cengage.