Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
• Must have relevant charts/figures/equations.
• Must have reference page (at least 5 references) and in text parenthetical or footnoted references.
• Must have well thought out and explained policy implications and/or suggestions in the essay.
You are choosing any public policy topic you would like.
Your essays should focus on one of the following major topics:
Economic Growth; Unemployment;
Demand, Supply, and Equilibrium; Elasticity; Consumer Demand Theory; Theory of Production; Costs of Production; Opportunity Cost; Market Structure; Competition; Game Theory; Labor; Welfare Economics; or Economics of Information.
Some motivation for the paper:
1) You have had either 100a, or 100b, or 113, or a combination of those. Use the models that you have learned in (the) class (you had/have), and those we have learned in our class, to show why your policy proposal is the “most efficient”.
2) Make sure to use all of the correct economic language when describing how the models lead to the outcomes you are claiming.
3) Please write about both the efficiency and the distributional effects on the economy
4) Please write about the market failures that would allow a “way in” for the government to render more control over a market(s).
5) Using the assessment methods learned in our class, how does your policy compare to those that already exist or those that have been proposed?