Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Duration: 24 hour Take-Away Paper
Candidates should attempt 2 questions.
Note: All questions carry equal marks
1) The paper will be available from: Thursday 18th August at 09:30am BST.
3) The exam is individual work, carried out upholding the values of academic integrity.
4) A TAP 24hr will have a notional ‘work time’ of up to 8 hours.
5) The materials to be used to answer the questions are on the Canvas.
6) You may either type your answers into a new document (clearly labelling each answer) or write your answers directly on the exam paper (removing any optional questions that you have not chosen).
7) Referencing is required. Your answers should be referenced using Harvard style.
8) There is a maximum word count of 1000 (+/-10%) words per essay.
9) Submit a word or pdf version of the exam paper using the appropriate link on Canvas. Please note that for a file to be accepted by Turnitin, your submission must be a single file and must include at least 20 words of typed text. Further guidance about Turnitin submissions can be found here: https://student.sussex.ac.uk/assessment/submission/canvas-turnitin
10) To ensure your anonymity in this assessment, please do not write your name anywhere in the final submitted document.
11) (2hr window starting when the TAP is released to students) Please do not contact the module convenor directly. If necessary, any relevant responses will be provided to all students at the same time through the Announcements page of the module’s Canvas site.
12) If you experience any IT problems when uploading your final submission, please contact IT Services and provide a screenshot of the issue you have encountered using their online help system at: https://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/help/
13) LATE SUBMISSIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED FOR TAKE-AWAY PAPERS
You should complete each answer in essay style. You need to combine academic theory and practical examples for each question attempted.
Candidates should answer TWO of the following:
1. Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) is considered to be key to the success of a marketing campaign in today’s international business environment. Discuss why, using academic theory and practical examples to illustrate your answer.
2. Identify and analyse which factors make international marketing more complex than domestic marketing. Use both theory and practical examples to develop your answer.
3. ‘Understanding what culture is and how it can impact on the success of a marketing campaign is essential for international marketers.’ Analyse the statement and use academic theory and practical examples to illustrate your answer.
4. The topics of CSR and ethics are increasingly more important in international markets. Discuss how CSR and ethics can impact on a firm’s international marketing using both academic theory and a range of practical examples.
END OF PAPER