Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
You have been approached by an entrepreneur of a few successful companies across the world. The entrepreneur’s name is Sofia and her businesses so far have focused on untapping the potential of developing markets. Boosted by previous successes, now Sofia would like to set up a brand-new company BioTex which will be headquartered and operating in the United Kingdom and the industry she wants to get in is biomedical engineering, which has witnessed a notable shortage of skilled workers. Please note that for this assignment you do not need to be an expert in biomedical engineering.
Sofia has heard of your expertise as a HR and people management consultant and has sought your expertise.
There are both internal and external environments that impact environments when planning for and executing the HR/talent and people management strategies however we are focusing on external influences.
Write a report advising Sofia on the environmental scanning matters. Throughout 2,000 words consider the following:
• As an HR manager, how specifically would you scan the external environment to gather the necessary information for deciding the strategic response of the organisation and what value does that bring to the organisation.
• Advise Sofia on the value of understanding the environment in relation to the future success of BioTex as well.
• Please consider the impact of demographical, societal and technological trends/changes shaping both, the corporate and HR strategies of BioTex.
• In considering the impact of trends, do not forget to discuss contemporary and future trends.
• Please discuss the importance of globalisation and its influence on people management in relation to BioTex.
• Critically analyse the external environmental influences impacting upon people management in a global context.
• Critically evaluate and debate the impact of demographical, societal and technological trends/changes shaping HR strategies and practices and their influence on sustainability.
• Critically discuss the importance of globalisation and its influence on people management in organisations.