Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
This will consist of an analysis of the decision-making process in the crucial management meeting prior to the well-known Challenger Space Shuttle disaster.
1) The larger context surrounding the launch decision
• What is at stake?
• What are the goals?
• What data are needed to make an informed decision?
2) The dynamics of the decision-making process
• How does it unfold?
• What is problematic?
• What is helpful?
Answering the following questions about the case after watching the film “Challenger(1990)”, and the other material they can find themselves:
1) How would you characterize the broader context surrounding the January 1986 teleconference? What impact might that have on the group’s decision-making process?
2) was there any evidence of the confirmation bias in the meeting?
3) Was there any evidence of differences in attitudes towards ambiguity in the meeting?
4) Why was Boisjoly ultimately unable to convince the participants to postpone the launch?