Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
This will be a written assignment for my doctoral aging and diversity class regarding the impact of diversity on the aging process.
For this particular assignment, using Mehrota, Chandra and Wagner, Lisa. (2009). Aging and diversity 2nd ed. New York: Routledge.
respond to the following topic:
The final paper should be between 3,500 and 4,200 words, double-spaced. Citations and references are to be used (APA format). The purpose of the paper is to:
• Allow you to examine an ethnic or national group of interest to you.
• Describe the situation of older persons in that group.
• Compare persons from different groups.
In making the selection of a national minority or ethnic group, you need to determine the availability of information and the feasibility of doing the research by the due date.
Your paper should address the following areas:
• Describe the group you have chosen.
• Identify the historical events that affected the older adults in this group.
• Describe the group’s current social, economic, and political status.
• Describe the cultural characteristics of this group, as they are generally perceived.
• Address and analyze the elements of diversity as presented in the text in relation to your chosen group.
• Describe the changes/trends you expect are occurring in the ethnic group and discuss these implications for the next generation of older persons.
• Discuss the implications of these changes for delivering services to older members of this group and upcoming generation.
• Discuss the implications for political advocacy, coalition building, and political participation of the older members of this group.
• Address issues related to health and health inequities if relevant.
• Address aging issues for the group you have chosen.
This paper should be a synthesis, critique, and discussion of assigned readings and at least 10 additional scholarly readings that you choose that are relevant to your chosen group. It should roughly 3,500 to 4,200 words plus references. Follow APA for your manuscriipt style, use proper APA for citations and references, and allow subheadings to work for you. Use sub-headings to organize your paper.
For your reference, I am a healthy, white 34-year old female from Kentucky. I am extremely active and spend a lot of time working out and eating healthy food. Also, I am a college professor in the Exercise Science department and own an online fitness and nutrition coaching business.
I have attached previous work written for this class, as well as recommended resources to elaborate on the assignment expectations. Make sure to provide substantial evidence from scholarly resources and refrain from making generalized statements. Textbooks, blogs, magazine or internet articles, book chapters, or special reports, do not count toward scholarly resources.