Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Researched Argument Essay
Be sure reader can clearly understand which source the quote or fact came from
If using parentheses, put the first item from the Works Cited list in parentheses.
You can lead in with your source instead of using parentheses.
You must have 10 sources in your paper and ALL of these must come from Montgomery College Academic Databases
*Your paper must include at least 5 in-text citations (You can certainly use more, but remember no more than 20% of your paper should be directly quoted material.)
*There must be an argument about the research. In other words, you must take a clear stance on your issue.
*You must persuade your audience to either do something (take action) or think of an issue in a different way.
*You must address your opposing position in some way in your paper.
*You should use the arguments we’ve discussed in class and that we’ve read in our book to help structure your approach and discussion.
Follow MLA style for formatting. The final copy must be in 12 point Times New Roman font”
An argument accommodated to a defined audience and purpose
* A clear thesis statement or claim
* A well-organized and persuasive structure
* Skillful incorporation of sources into your paper
* Proper documentation following MLA guidelines to give credit to sources (and to avoid plagiarism)
* Attention to grammar and punctuation conventions, appropriate word choice, varied sentence structure,
HERES what you need to get in these Articles Password is: M20976888