Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
On this assignment, you are asked to compare and contrast images, ideas, characters, stylistic details, and so forth from two different texts. Choose your texts carefully based on any and all connections you observe between them—the deeper the connection, the easier the paper will be to write. It will also help if you choose both works and topics that interest you or about which you harbor strong feelings.Choose a focus (a specific element that the stories share) before you write, make a list of the similarities and differences based on this focus, and then formulate a thesis. This will lay the groundwork for the entire essay.
Some things to keep in mind as you publish:
• Make sure you introduce BOTH works (titles and authors) in your introductory paragraph.• Make sure you clearly state you thesis toward the beginning of your paper.
• Make sure you stick to your focus throughout the paper. Don’t just make it into a list of similarities and differences.
• Make sure you restate both your thesis and your MAIN POINTS in the conclusion. Also, answer the question, “So what?”
• AVOID PLOT SUMMARY. This is not what the assignment calls for. Delve.
• Your final essay should be about 1000 words.
• You should use 12 point Times New Roman font and double spaced paragraphs.
• Your margins should be 1” on all sides.
• Please use standard MLA style heading.
• Each page following the first page should include your last name and the page number in the upper right corner.• YOU MUST CITE THE TEXTS USING MLA STYLE.
• A Works Cited page will be required.